Government Affairs Committee
The Government Affairs Committee oversees government affairs activities, including the development of position papers, calls to action, and related activities, as well as representing the Institute on legislative-related committees for the National Association of REALTORS® as stated in the official Institute bylaws.
Responsibilities & Functions
Stay current with government affairs issues that are relevant to the Institute membership with timely responses and action when appropriate.
Assess government affairs issues
- Collaborate with the Institute Legislative Staff Liaison
- Develop appropriate response white papers and position statements following Institute policy
Promote Legislative Update programs
- Communicate through Electronic communications
- Have legislative informational programs at the National Land Conference
- Write summaries of meetings to share with members on the Institute Website
- Contribute timely articles to the official biannual Institute publication, TERRA FIRMA
- Include updates on the Institute’s website under the Government Affairs Tab